Monday 2 March 2009

The leeks are showing!

I know, only a true fanatic can get excited about this. But I didn't expect my leeks to show the first sign of above-ground life for another week, and by golly, here they are only a week after being planted. I seeded them sparingly, just one or two seeds in each little square. I will be experimenting with the Square Foot Gardening method this year. (http://squarefootgardening.com)

Today I started 3 kinds of tomatoes, green peppers and parsley. We had some fresh snow but most of the day is above freezing. The great melt has started! March is a popular time for people who can afford it to take a quick trip to Vegas or other sunny spot. I can so see why!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I see you've moved things over to the new platform. I can now subscribe and keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments have been set to anyone, un-moderated, and no captcha. So if you were here, wave to me? Spammers will be deleted and acquire bad karma to boot.