Monday 24 September 2012

Another delicious day

We are still not driving, but we are making good use of the community bus. On Monday it is available in and around the village all morning, and it goes to the Nakusp Hot Springs right after lunch.

I left the wheelchair home this time in favor of the walker, another small milestone. We took the bus to town just before lunch, did our grocery shopping and stashed the selection in the coolers of the store.


Then we took the bus to the Hot Springs for an hour of bliss. 

I was very careful making my way from the dressing room to the pool.
It was cool enough to enjoy the warm water, but the sun still has real warmth. Picked up the groceries on the way home and made a delicious batch of gado-gado.

And now I am going to retreat early to bed in the company of Caius Merlyn Brittanicus. I am working my way through Jack Whyte's epic retelling of the Arthurian legends, sans magic.

A good read though I do get tired of battle scenes, the characters are a bit one dimensional, and at some point the author seems to have lost track of the genealogy of his own characters. Nevertheless, a worthwhile read which is yielding food for thought regarding times of collapse.

1 comment:

  1. i am so happy to hear that you are able to get out and about now!! and getting to enjoy the hot springs!

    ReplyDelete

Comments have been set to anyone, un-moderated, and no captcha. So if you were here, wave to me? Spammers will be deleted and acquire bad karma to boot.