Saturday 8 September 2012

Draining the dregs of summer


As happens so often when summer is off to a late start, September is trying to make up for lost time. So am I.

August was quite nice but  I was too tired to do much about getting outside.

I am still not allowed to bear 100% weight on the injured leg, but as long as I don't overdo it and wear the Zimmer splint I can get around a bit. 


The view above is what I see when I drag the zero gravity chair onto the ramp that makes the dwelling wheelchair accessible. I can do that myself now, yeah!

I get to lay back, smell the phloxes and bask in the mellow late summer sun. Heaven. 



I am cooking our meals again and juicing daily. The  Omega 8004 doesn't roar, it purrs. It is fast, thorough, easy to clean and reassemble. It can do other tricks too, like grind meat and make pasta. We will play with that in winter. 
Today was a glorious day. We enjoyed the weekly market outing in the sun. We got home around 1. A week ago that would have been it for the day. Today I rested till 2, then made miso soup for lunch and put the groceries away, rested some more, and made a simple but sustaining meal. Buffalo burgers with pesto, tomato and cucumber from the garden, salad with tomatoes, green beans and onions from the garden, corn on the cob from the market. We had it on the deck at a set table with our good friend Beverley. It was the first time since June that I had done anything like that. It sure feels good to be more myself again. 

This was probably the last truly warm day of the year. The forecast calls for some rain tomorrow, with a return to sun but cooler next week. Whatever the future holds, this day has been well and truly milked. I have said that before. But then, it is something to strive for daily, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. i am so happy to hear that you are able to get up and do a few fun things yourself again! woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea sounds like you are recovering well.
    I had cervical surgery last wed to get pressure off of the spinal cord, it was doing a number on my balance ....nerve pain.....so now I feel like I am recovering instead of going into the pits of hell.....(; take care and keep posting now that I have found you I will keep in touch

    ReplyDelete

Comments have been set to anyone, un-moderated, and no captcha. So if you were here, wave to me? Spammers will be deleted and acquire bad karma to boot.