Friday 8 March 2013

Woot woot, we're all mobile again!

This is too funny. Efforts to get the computer and printer on speaking terms have not yet succeeded, which is why I spent about an hour at the library today booking our Greyhound tickets for the Easter trip to the coast. 

This involved agonizing decisions about which terminal to use, choices between an easier departure time vs not having to transfer, and most of all: do I opt for the cheap book-ahead version or pay $77 extra for refundable tickets. After much waffling I took the safe way, picked refundable and printed the tickets right then and there.

Good thing: I came home to the news that Old Dutch got his driver's license back! He should never have lost it in the first place, but that is a whole story that does not belong here. I am learning a modicum of discretion in my dotage. It took 7 months of jumping through medical hoops, but here we are. We may still end up taking the bus, but at least we have the choice. 

4 comments:

  1. Chandra comyns8 March 2013 at 18:26

    so happy to hear the good news, and something must have been telling you it was coming since you opted for the refundable tickets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that is indeed good news! It doest make life a lot easier when you have the choice for car or bus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good. Options are always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the well wishes. I don't like driving all that much, and Old Dutch has always been a better driver half asleep than I am wide awake. But mainly, being able to take off is vital to old Dutch's mental well being.

    ReplyDelete

Comments have been set to anyone, un-moderated, and no captcha. So if you were here, wave to me? Spammers will be deleted and acquire bad karma to boot.